Langtrys environmental policy
Here at Langtrys we are committed to reducing our Carbon Footprint, minimizing our impact on the environment. We encourage our customers to do the same and hopefully take some of these ideas home with them.
Conservation of Energy
- We only heat occupied rooms as and when required. The central heating is usually switched on for a short time during the morning and evening hours.
- 11% of our electricity is provided by renewable fuel.
- Every radiator is fitted with a thermostatic valve for optimum heating levels in each room.
- We have increased all of the loft insulation to 250mm.
- We insulate all bedroom walls and ceilings, all external doors and windows double glazed.
- Our rapid boil kettles are small.
- All our light bulbs are low energy or LED.
- We are continually monitoring the energy consumption of all appliances in the house.
- We measure our Carbon footprint and aim to reduce this year on year.
- Our curtains are all fully lined and floor length to reduce drafts.
- We buy and use only re-chargeable batteries.
- Sensored lighting installed in hallways and common areas.
- Tumble drier balls to reduce drying times.
Back to top
Conservation of Water and water pollution
- We encourage the use of showers opposed to baths.
- Our toilets are fitted with dual flush options.
- Our showers are fitted with aerated heads.
- We have spray taps.
- We provide tumblers for teeth washing to save on running taps.
- We encourage guests to re-use their towels for as long as possible.
- We only use eco-friendly dishwasher tablets, washing powders and cleaning products.
- We do not use fabric conditioners.
- Each bathroom has refillable dispensers for hand soap, shower gel and bath essence - all of which are made from 100% natural ingredients and are made locally.
- The water used to water our flower displays is provided by our water butts.
- All the cooked breakfast items are locally sourced and seasonal where ever possible.
- When available all the flowers used in our arrangements are British grown.
- We buy only Fair-trade or Ethically sourced teas, coffees, sugar and hot chocolate which are delivered from a local supplier.
- We bulk buy to reduce packaging and deliveries.
- All office paper and envelopes are made from recycled materials and is 100% recyclable.
- Our brochures are printed locally on recycled paper.
Back to top
- We use recycled paper, packaging and envelopes.
- We recycle all recyclable plastics including packaging and carrier bags, glass, aluminum, steel, paper, cardboard, tetra-paks (drinks cartons).
- Our cooking oil is collected and used to make Bio fuel.
- We encourage guests to advise us on the breakfast requirements the night before to reduce waste.
- We use only biodegradable bin liners.
- All our old duvets and pillows are donated to the local dog rescue centre.
- We promote the use of public transport both en-route and during our guests’ stay.
- We provide up to date bus and train timetables.
- We provide maps and give advice on walks and cycle routes in the area.
- We provide a pick up service from the airport and train station to encourage our guests to leave there vehicles at home.
- We encourage our corporate guests to use our accommodation as their meetings/training venue to assist in reducing their carbon footprint.
Back to top
Our Living Space
- Langtrys has a very relaxing and quiet atmosphere and we encourage our guests keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- We have a strict no smoking policy throughout our accommodation.
- We endeavor to spread the ethos of sustainability to other businesses wanting to green up their businesses and get involved in recycling and energy efficiency.
- We encourage our guests to recycle all of their waste.
- We always take time to discuss our policies with our friends, associates and customers, showing them how they can improve their environmental awareness and help reduce their own carbon footprint.
- We are continually reviewing our policies and sourcing better, greener products and services.
- We have undertaken training, ’Welcome Green’.
- We work close with Lancashire Business Environment Association and Off Shoots in Burnley.
- We have set up a used cooking oil collection amongst the local hoteliers.
Set up to ’Sign post to a GREENER Blackpool’, a forum for individuals and business that are enthusiastic about green issues and want to share best practices to improve their environmental performance whilst actively encouraging others. The aim is to campaign for improvements in environmental service provision within Blackpool.
Back to top